In an industry of fast/disposable fashion, we create a lot of waste and disruption onto our beautiful earth - Noms strive to always produce ethically, with heart, passion and thoughtfulness, to create sustainability out of love. We know that you'll take care of the the things you're emotionally attached to, And you'll keep them (aka. less waste).
So thank you for shopping mindfully. We absolutely love that you love NOMS, the products, & the story that comes with it!
To help you hold on and use it for a long long time, we've chosen fabrics that are preshrunk, and printing that won't crack or with less fade, to last in-between washes.
Just like everything, of course, products will age throughout the years. We know vintage is sentimental, so here are some care do's & dont's to make your t-shirts last longer!
CARE DO (S)
- Wash garments inside out. This protects the print from abrasions from other items sharing the washer.
- Wash items with those made of the same (or similar) fabrics to decrease pilling and lint transferring.
- Use a mild detergent when washing clothing.
- Wash in cool water. All water temperatures below 90° Fahrenheit are safe for printed garments.
- Hand-wash the garment if possible or use the washing machine’s gentle cycle.
- Hang the garment or lay it flat to dry.
- Use a cool iron (if necessary) and iron the printed garment inside out.
- Iron the printed garment between two pieces of cloth to protect the design.
Don’t dry clean printed items. The chemicals in the dry cleaning process can cause spotting or staining.
Avoid bleach, especially chlorine bleach; the agents in bleach will discolor fabric threads and the dyes used in printing.
Do not use fabric softener on printed garments. Fabric softeners degrade the ink used in the printing process and
causes cracking and/or fading of the screen-printed areas.
If ironing the printed item, do not use steam.
Have more ideas and tips? post them in the comments.